Sketchup to Vectorworks

Don't know if this is a glitch or I'm missing something, but when I import a sketchup file into vectorworks the objects are always showing as wireframe and will not change in any of the rendering formats. Are there any solutions out there. I tried a couple of different sketchup files in case there was a problem with the first one I imported but I'm getting the same problem.

I have found that if you have a solid fill as the default in the Attributes Palette the object will come in solid. If you do not have a fill it will come in as just edges, but as you mention you can then click into the object and apply a solid fill to the mesh.

I do have to say the improvements in Sketchup import in 2015 are absolutely great. The ability to easily use the vast resources of the 3D Warehouse is immensely valuable.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
I have found that if you have a solid fill as the default in the Attributes Palette the object will come in solid. If you do not have a fill it will come in as just edges, but as you mention you can then click into the object and apply a solid fill to the mesh.

That SORT of makes sense, since when you generate new objects with a tool they would take on the already-specified attributes, but I think a wishlist item is in order that defaults the fills of imported meshes of any kind to solid. I'll look into it and see if that would mess with transparencies or something else before submitting it.

I do have to say the improvements in Sketchup import in 2015 are absolutely great. The ability to easily use the vast resources of the 3D Warehouse is immensely valuable.

Excellent! I'm glad users are finding it as useful as we imagined it would be.