Snap to Intersection Between Extrudes and 2D Lines

If I draw a rectangle and a line that crosses through it and then try to move another object to the intersection between that rectangle and line I have no problem using the "Snap to Intersection" feature. If I take said rectangle and extrude it I suddenly lose the ability to "Snap to Intersection" between the 2D rectangular representation of the extrude and the line. This makes it extremely difficult to do basic alignment of extrudes with lines or even extrudes with one another. All objects in question are on the same layer and class, layers and classes are set to "Show/Snap/Modify Others". Nearly all snap options are turned on. Working in 2D/Plan view. Am I missing something here? I feel that this has not always been the case. I am running VW 2013 SP5.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I opened VectorWorks 12.5 in Windows XP Mode this morning and you can't snap to an Object/Object intersection between an extrude and a 2D shape in that version either. This does seem like a rather simple thing that you should be able to do. Otherwise you have to create extra temporary reference lines in order to achieve the desired snaps.