Drawing Label Issue

Anybody know what is going on in this attached image? It's just weird, happened on about 60 drawing labels in my document. I had used the Find/Replace Text tool to change SR to SL. The change shows in the Object Info Palette, but not in the drawing label.

Edited by csousawy

More observations on these Strange Days.

Twice does the trick, sort of.

The number of instances found is greater in the 1st try.

Also, the change in the Drawing Label lags by one try. So if the Find/Replace is changed with each try, the Drawing Label will display request of previous try.

Example:

Label is AAA

Set Find AAA/Replace BBB

Label shows AAA (OIP shows BBB)

Set Find BBB/Replace CCC

Label shows BBB (OIP shows CCC)

-B

I'm pretty sure it's a refresh issue.

If you run Find / Replace and then Tool > Utilities > Reset All Plug-Ins the drawing labels will refresh.

They will also refresh if you nudge the viewport that the drawing label is in.

I find it much easier to do this in a worksheet, which seems to force a refresh of the label immediately.

hth

mk

Ahh, Reset PlugIn and Nudge make the change. Thanks for that, Kevin & Michael. It's a rather awkward process.

I'm being curious, it's a bug after all, so this may be rhetorical questioning- In a new drawing with a single Sheet Layer & single SLVP with a single drawing label in the Annotations, run the Find/Replace Text with new text for the drawing title (Action = Replace All Options =Active Layer Only):

1. The command finds 3 occurrences of the text (but does not change the drawing lable). What are these three?

2. Run the command again with same text, the command finds 2 occurrences. What are the 2? And why didn't it find these the first time?

A similar issue is the edit sheet number in a sheet border/title block which often seems to need a zoom or nudge to reset on the sheet layer.

As csousawy says, Annoying.

-B

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...