UNDO HISTORY

I have set my undo preferences to 20 undos, some times it works and sometimes it doesn't, this is only happening in v14. i am having to shut the programme down and restart for it to work but then it can sometime fail......

in v13 i had 60 undos and never had a problem...any suggestions please

i am undoing.... in the short cut method and my using the menu bar but it makes no difference.....

Further to my earler post regarding failing undo history, I am working on a large project and with the failing undo history I have had to revert to working on the project in V13 the project was originally modelled in V14 but archived to V13. The same file has no such problems in V13. So am I to think there is a bug in V14 . I am not a programmer just a regular designer who wants a function to work as it should do . I posted the problem earlier this week. Should I reinstall the program or what......... I don't think the file is corrupt as it works correctly in V13. Strange or what !

Edited by Phil hunt

The service pack may fix some bugs, but the more I use it, the more, like you, I go back to using a more stable iteration.

Before the Service Pack I used to skip an iteration so that the major bugs were fixed (I found odd numbers better than even VW2009, 2011, 2013).

Now I don't have that option.

Pity.

So I'm going to manually do that, just work in VW 2013 until 2014 is fixed.

Valued comments Jim, I am in a quandary whether to update my service select next year as I understand upgrades are part of the pack, so v15 will be part of that agreement, but what's the point if v14 has problems what chance do we have with v15....but the good news is I have completed my large project tonight using v13 exporting to artlantis 5 which I have to say works fantastically well ..... So so long v14 let me know when you have fixed all the problems

Edited by Phil hunt

Hi jim

yes it states that there are no more undos in the status bar so for instance i have moved a circle for instance to the wrong place on a plan and i want to just undo

command z......mac

although i have my undos set to 40 it say no more undos....in the status bar

i have just installed the updated service pack and tried it and it seems to work fine

so.....i'll keep an eye on things and let you know if i have any further problems

many thanks for your time cheers

• 1 month later...

hi jim

just gone back to try v14 with the problem of the undo history.....with the update

service pack started a new project and although worked for a while has come up with the same fault as before (no undo history) and i think this has started since i started to do subtract solids and with the fillet tool.....tried a restart work for about 10 undos and then fails.....

I would expect my 12 month usage/service agreement to start at point of download/usage... no doubt this may need to be tested under Australian Consumer laws.

I bought a brand new Plymouth Valiant in 1963. Left it at the dealership instead of taking delivery. It's still there, so technically I believe it still has the original warranty which kicks in once I pick it up.

;-)

V-G

Sochi Olympics Greeter

VW2013 VW2013

Mac OS X