Door Full Break with Caps!

VincentCuclair

Question

Once again please make it possible to have Full Break with Caps as the default when placing new Doors and Windows.

This has been asked for many many years on countless occasions!

(Shall we start to charge NV for the extra hours in changing every single door and window in every project year after year!?)

1. It's not possible to keep/activate this setting when copying doors and windows in the same wall!

2. It's not possible to keep/activate this setting when using the Create Similar Object (Cmd+Option)!

3. It's not possible to transfer this setting using the Eye Dropper Tool!

The only way is to save all Door/Window types as Symbol PIOs and setting the Insert in Walls option to Full Break with Caps!?!.

or Mirror Copy!?

This is not ideal!

Edited by Vincent C

3 answers to this question

+3

@Christiaan,

Rant Warning:

Indeed I have asked myself this many times. Someone had to make this decision. I want to know why? What is their name and company email address. If they could tell us why we might be able to feel a little better about it. Maybe there is a valid reason.

I suspect, however, the issue was actually NEVER even considered or reviewed. I know they're probably all nice people in engineering but sheesh ca-fricken beesh I wish they new what they were engineering for. How do these things get past review? Where are the architects they say they have on salary?

We are well aware that Robert Andersen is there but I doubt he noses around at that level. Check out Kizza's recent post about the window tool. Don't they have to use the tool to make sure it works with all settings offered? They just don't seem to pay attention to the details.

I mean don't they get the least bit embarrassed? I certainly do. Every time someone asks me about my CAD program. I have to say, "I use VectorWorksAround". These little things do add up and they all seem to be so easily corrected but....they aren't. How long have we had the dormer tool without the ability to change the eave profile? 7-8 years? How many "tools" have we had to give up on and model the objects ourselves? Three stair tools and each one is a pain-in-the-arse in their own ways.

Rant over.