4 users running different versions of vwx - what format to save the files

We've got 3 users running vwx 2008 fundamentals, we are about to add a 4th user but are updating that user to vwx 2013.

We all share the files we work on, so one person might be doing the design, then the next viewing the drawings then issuing them for construction ect ect. So the drawings get passed around.

Whats the best way to handle this so that we dont get an issue where 'this drawing was created with a newer / older version of vwx'.

Ideally i dont want to have to save it as the newer / older version each time the drawing changes hands.

Edited by LLI Design

Two choices: upgrade all workstations to the same version (best practice) or deal with the different file formats. If a file is created/saved in an older version (2008) the newer version (2013) can open it, but it will always update to the newer file format. That's just the way it is. But the older version cannot open a file created/saved in a newer version. Also just the way it is. So in order for the 2008 users to open files after being opened in 2013, the 2013 user will need to Export to the older version (each and every time).

Note: I strongly recommend against this as it will inevitably introduce errors with all the back and forth translations. It is not good practice...

Upgrade all the seats to 2013. There are ways of working in the new version that are huge timesavers ( heirarchal classes, snap loupe, X-ray mode, etc). That way you can all share or reference the same files.

I strongly recommend upgrading to a designer licence. There are many things missing from Fundamentals.