Floor Plan Rendering

• 2 weeks later...

@DWorks i like that look and it would be even nicer if it would be possible to make an entire (2D) viewport lets say 40% transparent and than export this as an PDF while keeping the transparency.... both features i still miss in VW. i personally like a hidden line viewport on top of renders but i have to convert to lines and than set to transparent all the time...!

@DWorks i like that look and it would be even nicer if it would be possible to make an entire (2D) viewport lets say 40% transparent and than export this as an PDF while keeping the transparency.... both features i still miss in VW. i personally like a hidden line viewport on top of renders but i have to convert to lines and than set to transparent all the time...!

You don't have to convert anything. You can have a viewport transparant in a pdf: (just by using layers opacity and opacity setting in pdf export.)

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=8956&filename=RenderPlus2DPlanTrans.png

Edited by DWorks
Dworks, they look great.

Is the floor finish a combination of two viewports i.e. RW+HL?

Or is it a tile?

And your furniture, did you create them yourself or is there a place you can buy them?

thx.

The last plan is a combination of 2 viewports in RW and 2D plan view, just for showing that opacity is exported to pdf. If I was not using the opacity, the plan would look like this: (So the tiles or actually showing above all the stuff.)

ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=8958&filename=Untitled.png

I use a tile resource for the floor finish so I can put in some nuances in colors. This is why I love the tile resources. If interested, I can put some online. I even have nice brickwork tile resources.

The furniture are symbols and custom made plug-ins, all created myself. If enough interest, I am happy to finish the plug-ins/symbols and set them all online for a small fee. As CAD Manager, I mostly have to make my own symbols/plug-ins because of the details. Most symbols are too detailed than needed and this slows down VW and rendering, so I create the stuff with just enough details as needed. Also, you have to create them in a certain way to make sure you have no unwanted lines in HL renders. There are so many things that are forgotten by many people when making symbols/plug-ins.

Edited by DWorks

that looks great!

tried to replicate that but failed- so far....:-(

i tried two viewports stcked in a sheetlayer than set the top one in the resource browser "layer" to transparent 20% it works in plan view (but than i have fills) but not in hidden line.

but than again i don't have any opacity setting in my PDF export window..?

what am i doing wrong?

Now I see, you can't set the lines of a hidden line render transparent, but why would you want to do that? You can gray out the classes or override the color to have a less defined look. Still can't see in which situation you should use it. Can you post an example?

The opacity in pdf export I was talking about is for grayed out classes and layers. It's there, but it seems only to work for 2D/plan viewports.

@Dworks: Can you obtain the same result without leaving VW?

??? All my examples are done only with VW. I never use other programs for my plans. I Always search for solutions VW can give me and that can be done without time consuming workarounds. As a programmer, I want everything more or less automatic. VW is very powerfull for presentations and you don't need other programs for that. You only have to setup everything correctly to get the result you want. It comes down to a good library and setup, which is for every cad program. VW out of the box creates very ugly plans, for my taste, but you can create your own library and setup and have very beautiful things come out of it.

Edited by DWorks
What type of objects do you apply the tiles to?

Do you draw in 2D or 3D?

I use BIM objects. So I use slabs for the floors with multiple components. You can have each component in their own class with a section fill and texture for in section viewports and 3D views, and the slab itself can be classed with a front view fill for in 2D views, so it's in that class I have set the tile fills to go. I rarely draw 2D objects for the final model. I mostly use 2D objects as guides or a base to create the BIM objects.