jagged edge render in openGL

Hi ,

This is probably a simple problem but -

Can anyone suggest why am I getting extreme jagged edges in rendering with open GL . I have altered the preferences - use of shadows , anti aliasing , planar objects in every variation I can think of but to no avail .

Drawing up extruded window profiles - which makes this almost impossible.

Render settings 2D and 3D are set to very high .

Any suggestions would be great.

Oh yes - and using VW 2012 Architect.

David

The problem may lay with the way your laptop is utilizing or switching between the integrated Intel and Nvidia chipsets.

The laptop model using the 330m graphics chip is that it "decides" when to use the NIvidia card instead of the default integrated Intel chip.

Is there a way to force the laptop to use the Nvidia chip all the time?

Afterall, you are doing cad.

I have GFX Card status installed - which gives me a telltale symbol on the top menu when the graphics card changes and as far as I can see I am using Nividia all the time when VW is active .

I had previously opened an older file and the render appeared fine - though I cannot see what or how the difference is on any settings .

thats nothing compared to what Im looking at >

This is a very simple extruded framework -although the profiles are of extruded curtain wall aluminium frames and difficult to orientate in wireframe- but with the open GL render like this its also impossible to work with .

Im really wondering what Im doing wrong here ......

• 6 months later...

First post on this board.... and a grumpy one... urrrrggggghhhhh!

I am just transitioning to VW2012 sp5 from VW2010. We are Mac based.

Simply... Anti-Aliasing in OpenGL does NOT work.

I have just purchased a fully spec'ed up late 2012 iMc 27", so it has enough grunt, but anti-aliasing in OpenGL mode does Not work. It does not matter what you do to the settings.

Every other render mode is able to be rendered with anti-aliasing, except the most useful render mode.

I cannot believe that VW2012 was able to get to sp5 and this issue was not picked up and fixed....

this is fundamental....

I believe it was discovered as an issue in VW2010 and was fixed.... so how was it not discovered in VW2012????

I have tested this on three different Macs with the same result.

Is anyone actually able to get OpenGL to render with anti-aliasing turned on?

Thanks, and apologies for my bad mood on my first post.