Workgroup References Shifting Randomly

amarx

I am working with a master file and a few other files that are using the master as a reference. Suddenly, and for seemingly no reason the reference will shift location and have a completly different origin. This causes all of my viewports to be wrong! Very very frustrating! Please can someone help. I am using VW 2012 with SP2.

• 1 month later...

I have had a similar problem. The master file has randomly shifted location, so when I reload the references (including survey file with correct location), the content of the master file is stranded far, far away in space. I have an entire drawing set of sheets in the master file, and now the viewports on every single sheet are empty and must be recreated.

This is absolutely unacceptable performance from Vectorworks.

If anyone can help, I'll be most grateful. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Importing DWG files directly often causes a double origin problem. I can imagine it would affect Workgroup References too. It usually shows up when I use the Cinema 4D command and things show up in Cinema 4D off to one side even though they appear centred in Vectorworks. Just like moving the origin, which you should never do, importing a DWG directly into a working file is not good workflow. Import it into a clean file first and copy/paste or reference it in.

Kevin