Automatic Snap Loupe

VincentCuclair

Question

8 answers to this question

More thoughts & trying to be specific.

Congestion sensitivity is a cool idea, but it needs user activation rather than auto. Maybe hold the z key & hover - auto zoom fits to cluster. Otherwise, we'll all need neck braces from jerking our heads every time it auto zooms. I want to mouse & hover around the drawing without it auto zooming into every point cluster.

And more about these . . .

?Snap loop area same as whole drawing

?Zoom in/out & Pan while zoomed

?Dismiss at will (no auto dismiss at first click)

These 3 suggestions mimic cmd 1 (zoom 200%) and cmd 2 (zoom 50%).

What's my point?

All these suggested functions could be enabled in the snap loupe key stroke.

Add a user pref to set zoom level.

New config might eliminate need for cmd 1 & 2.

Same function, but needs only a single key.

Cmd 1 & 2 then free for other/new shortcuts.

Workflow

Press z- zooms to cursor, repeat to desired zoom %.

Work as needed - pan, use tools, scroll wheel zoom, save view, press z again, etc.

Press esc (or Opt z?) - zooms out one level. Repeat to desired zoom %.

-B

Otherwise, we'll all need neck braces from jerking our heads every time it auto zooms.

:grin: true Benson........ an option to hover for a certain amount of time (like in smart edges) and animated zoom(like in rotated plan) should do the trick, (I think one would learn avoiding congestion points automatically after a while during other actions just like I do now to avoid loads of smart points and edges polluting the screen). Plus a quick prefs option to switch the function on and off (perhaps the Z key can be set to do the quick pref toggle). This way the user can decide if the Z-loupe is used as before when hitting Z or with the new auto settings.

Edited by Vincent C
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That's what I also saw happening and put in for, both an option to completely disable automation if desired, as well as a setting for its timer, like smart points and datum, etc.

Same with having it persist until dismissed, I would think Esc or Esc-Esc makes the most sense, either that or double pressing X as with deselection.