Angled walls help

Jangus

Hello,

As the title says I'm wondering how to create angled walls, as I need to create a house with angled walls, something like this.

http://www.archithings.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Yasuhiro-Yamaa-of-Atelier-Takuto-Futuristic-Design-588x439.jpg

I don't plan on making this house, I'm just not sure how to make the angled walls that I have set my eyes on! I'm sure its a simple question, so sorry for the nooby question

Have a good day!

Thanks,

Jangus

Thr URL below was the actual house that I wanted to make a similair design of, are you sure its impossible? As I would really like to make something like it.

http://www.homedesignfind.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/edge-house-1.jpg

Thanks,

Jangus

That's doable, the other isn't with walls.

This one you can make with roof faces. It should be easy to make that building with them.

Sorry, roof faces? I'm still quite a noob when it comes to Architectual Vectorworks. Your help is appreciated!

Dworks is correct, you can't build what you want with walls but you can create it with solid modeling. If you want to accept that you're not building with walls, then you can create pretty cool buildings.

I have some images that are from my 3-D modeling manual which I'm currently updating the Vectorworks 2012.

I did say roof faces, they are not so hard.

By the way: you can also draw flat roofs with it!

Dworks is correct, you can't build what you want with walls but you can create it with solid modeling. If you want to accept that you're not building with walls, then you can create pretty cool buildings.

I have some images that are from my 3-D modeling manual which I'm currently updating the Vectorworks 2012.

I did say roof faces, they are not so hard.

By the way: you can also draw flat roofs with it!

I really don't know what you mean when you say roof faces, I'm sorry.

Edited by Jangus

This is what I have done so far, I don't know if I'm on the right track or not... what I have done is I have used the 3D reshape tool to alter the 3 side walls, is this an alright way of trying to make this house?

But I have a problem trying to add the back wall to the building, as I have to alter the wall to fit the size of the side walls, and it doesn't want to do it! Please help me!

[img:center]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/Jangus01/Vectorworks/Untitled.png[/img]

Edited by Jangus
This is what I have done so far, I don't know if I'm on the right track or not... what I have done is I have used the 3D reshape tool to alter the 3 side walls, is this an alright way of trying to make this house?

But I have a problem trying to add the back wall to the building, as I have to alter the wall to fit the size of the side walls, and it doesn't want to do it! Please help me!

[img:center]http://i1125.photobucket.com/albums/l583/Jangus01/Vectorworks/Untitled.png[/img]

That's where the roof faces come in. Draw a shape in plan view of how the wall (roof face) looks like in top view. Then go to your designer menu and choose roof face. Set all options and then click twice to set a line where to roof will start it's angle. If you want more info on this, you can search the VW help on roof faces.

For getting your plan look right, you'll have to split your roof face into more than one part. The lower part will be on your floor layer, the others will go on layers above that. This way, you'll have the hybrid and the plan view looking good.

• 2 weeks later...

There are essentially two types of roofs:

A complex object called the Roof object which can have multiple planar faces and

the Roof Face object which is a single sloped planar hybrid object which allows for the insertion of windows (skylights) and is easily sculpted via clipping in plan view.

Your proposed house has multiple sloped walls, which will be easily drawn in Plan View, given a slope and edited to achieve your result by using the Roof Faces.

To draw one of these walls:

Draw a polygon in plan view, select AEC>Roof Face