page setup/print window

starling

There are at least three locations you can set print scaling in Vectorworks.

1. Page Setup:Printer Setup. There is a Scale box in the Printer Setup dialog Box.

2. Page Setup:Printer Setup:Settings. If you set the top popdown menu in the Printer Setup dialog box to Vectorworks there is a Scaling box.

The above settings apply to all design layers as a group.

3. Each Sheet Layer has its own Page Setup settings that can have the Scale set in both of the above locations.

4. Many Print Drivers has a Scale feature built in.

5. Layers have scales. Are the layers set to the proper scale?

file- page setup- printer setup - settings - vectorworks - scaling

for some reason it is set to 50% and I cannot switch it back to 100%.

I can see the setting, but can't change it for some reason.

This is driving me MAD!

Please let me know if there is something that I am doing wrong.

Edited by starling

Command-Shift-4 will turn your cursor into a target-with-a-camera-looking thing.

Click, hold, and drag over the area you want to shoot. When you release you will hear a shutter release sound and a screen shot of the area you just dragged over will be on your desktop as a .png file.

mk

Edited by michaelk

I am new to mac....I am wondering if there is some special way I am supposed to click on the box with 50% to edit the number.

I might have been hallucinating, but I thought I got it to edit when I opened a different file....but then I couldn't get this to repeat on any files.

Hmm. I didn't even know that was there.

Is this what you are seeing?

If you are printing from the design layer:

1. File > Page Setup...

2. Printer Setup...

3. In the Printer Setup dialog box Setting pulldown to Vectorworks

4. Change Scaling to 100%

If you are printing from a sheet layer:

1. In the Navigation Palette, Sheet Layer tab, right click on a sheet layer and choose edit

OR

1A. Go to the Sheet Layer. File > Page Setup...

2. Printer Setup...

3. In the Printer Setup dialog box Setting pulldown to Vectorworks

4. Change Scaling to 100%

I'm not sure why you can't change the scaling factor. I'd try changing the design layer to 100% and then the sheet layers.

This screen is optionally presented when you create the sheet layer.

hth

mk

Edited by michaelk

Starling,

You should click above on My Stuff and choose Edit Profile. Add a signature that contains your version of Vectorworks, your computer specs and your operating system. It will be much easier for us to help you.

I suspect your drawing is set up bigger than the printer can print and the operating system is forcing you to scale. Can you give us a screen shot of the other Printer Setup options.

Kevin

I didnt know it was there either...until it became a problem.

I went through some of my older drawing files (drawn in PC vectorworks 2009) and some are set to 200%, 50%, most to 100%. none can be changed at this point. No idea what would happen if I opened the files on a PC. Im not sure I had this setting on my PC version.

I found this setting in VW help files and they seem to think it works.

-Sarah

Sarah,

You might try posting an example file here to see if someone else is able to change the scale factor.

I notice you're using Lion. Vectorworks is not yet fully Lion compatible to my knowledge (it works but there are some known issues I believe). I read somewhere there is going to be a service pack issued for compatibility but that hasn't happened yet. Printing is an area that could very easily be affected by an operating system incompatibility so you may have stumbled onto a bug. I would consider contacting tech support.

Kevin

Sarah

See attached.

1. In page set up make sure there is 1 horizontal and 1 vertical page. Otherwise it will try to print 2 extra pages with little or nothing on them.

2. In the OIP for the title block symbol, scale it symmetrically X2.

3. In the OIP for each viewport, double the scale.

hth

mk

I was able to change the scaling from 50% to 100% on my computer. (which restored the drawing to the full page)

I'm betting that the difference is that I'm running 10.6.8 and you are running 10.7.

Any day now there will probably be an update for VW2011. If that doesn't fix it, please submit a bug report.

mk