Worksheets - Formula... er...

Hey all,

Just got back to my computer. Tackled a small thing I've been working on. Wrote this:

=concat(min(height,width,(volume/height/width)),' x ',volume/min(height,width,(volume/height/width))/max(height,width,(volume/height/width)),' x ',max(height,width,(volume/height/width)))

Which I inserted into a database row with the criteria of type is extrude.

It's basically my attempt thus far at creating a cutting list for a whole series of flats in 3D.

The only thing is when I press enter the formula works and returns the result required but the formula itself disappears.

The reason for it being in all one formula is that when it is dependant on previous cells and is summarised to get the total cuts of each length type the values all change because they are numbers.

I just found it interesting and thought I'd share.

J

It is very strange.

It appears that the worksheet engine is interpreting the contacts prior to showing the formula in the database header cell, but is using the formula correctly in the item sub rows.

You can see this even with a simpler formula.

Type =Min(Hight,Width) into a cell and hit enter. When you click back into the cell to check the formula, it has changes to =width.

I will bugsubmit this.