Picking Color From Drawing.

This will work on a Mac, I believe there's a PC equivalent:

With the bitmap visible and zoomed to maximum extent:

Double click on the Fill Color of the Attributes Palette and then on the little preferences icon on the right to activate the Color Palette Manager

Select New to create a New Color Palette

Name the palette

Coda

Select New to Create a new color within the palette.

Name the color and click on the default color (white) to activate the Mac Color Picker. I think this is where the PCers get the eyedropper.

Hovering over your Bitmap and click, picks up the appropriate color press ok to return to VW and ok again to add it to your new VW color palette.

repeat to Coda

Click ok when your Palette is complete

Place a checkmark in the left column of the Color Palette Manger

Press ok.

The newly created color palette is now available via the Attributes Palette probably at the bottom.

Actually, you can pick colors from your screen. I've done it on the Mac with the OS Colors palette. I can only assume there is a similar facility on Windows.

In VW's Attributes Palette, click on the Fill Color or the Pen Color rectangle. The VW color palette appears. At the top is a color wheel icon which launches the OS Colors palette. (On the Mac) there is a Magnifying Glass icon that is the equivalent of the Eyedropper tool you referred to.

Click on the Magnifying Glass icon and select your color. Then drag your color from the large rectangle at the top to one of the little white squares at the bottom. You can add more white squares by dragging the dot at the bottom of the row of white squares to resize this area of the palette. I can get up to 300 squares. I don't know what you do if you need more.

If you get this far, remember to save often.

In VW Help, search for "Selecting Standard Operating System Colors".

HTH, and Happy New Year,

Raymond

I was just playing in a new project with the colors I picked earlier and I left out a step that bcd outlined. Picking the colors as I described does not save them in any VW document unless you also apply them to something. The system remembers them, though, at least on the Mac. Defining a color palette is also required if you want to easily access them in multiple files.

Raymond