Funny - no Roof tool

bcd

That's not my point. I know there are several ways to create a roof. What I'm saying is that in the Building Shell Toolset Palette there are tools to create Drilled Footings, Slabs, Walls, Round Walls, Windows, Window Walls (straight & curved), Window Mullions and Doors etc. But not Roofs.

A roof tool would only do the same, but let you draw the poly rather then selecting one. It's actually the same. The reason it's a menu command is that the way it's made, it now asks for a direction, and you can't do that with a tool (maybe you can, but less intu?tuve.).

This is also true for the floor and column (or pillar) tool.

Edited by DWorks

I don't think the issue is if these tools or methods are right or wrong I think the heart of the matter is why there are not options to customize a workspace that fits a personal workflow. ie why not just have an option for all functions as tools and/or commands?

The 'confusion' (for less advanced users and for the picky) arises when one goes to a tool set for walls, roofs and slabs but to a command pulldown for pillars, floors and roofs? Why not just have an option for a tool you can click once (Create roof face) instead of having to click twice (e.g. AEC>click>Create Roof Face>click)

Or to the 3D modeling tool set for 3D geometry and push-pull editing but to the Model pull down for subtracting/adding etc.