Walls don't print

Marshall Wright

Question

Greetings,

Trying to print a kitchen design project. All classes and my one design layer are "snap/show/others" and visible. Walls are color filled with a dark grey and are visible on the screen. I print a pdf which also shows the walls. But when I print the pdf, everything (notes, dimensions, appliances, etc) prints except the walls. I've placed the walls on a class called "none". I've tried moving them to another class that is printing but they still don't print although everything else on that class does.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

Marshall

Windows XP

VW 2010

2 answers to this question

Sometimes isolation is instructive. Select and Copy one wall object, then paste it into a new, blank VW drawing and see what happens with screen, pdf save and paper print.

Also, the experts will examine your original file and/or this new one object file if you post them here.

Visibility issues are almost always class related. Print drivers are sometimes part of a print out problem, esp if the screen view of the pdf does not match the paper print.

Here is some really basic stuff which you probably already tried, but just in case:

In VW print dialog checkmark the options except Print Current View.

Is this printing from a Sheetlayer viewport? Update the render prior to print.

If printing from Adobe Reader try "Print as Image" in advanced settings (rasterizes everything).

-B