special characters in Spread Sheet Reports

Hello PPl, everythings fine ?

well, i am trying to put an m? on my spread sheet reports.

I tryied diferent codes (i am on windows - vista by the way) like alt+253 or alt + 0178 (arial font) that works in basic text.

The curious thing is that inside spreadsheet it look fine but after leaving it and returning to vectorworks it allways shows an square root symbol .... can anyone help me with this ?

I took print screen's and added an image so you can easily understand what i mean.

Thx in Advanced

well orso, i do not use altGR but simple alt. I cannot insert characters with altGR.

Anyway perhaps i didnt made myself clear :

Its Not an Spreadsheet but an worksheet Data that i am using on my project. I normally use "m2" when i can not do otherwise. In VW till now the only "spot" that doesnt accept alt+253 or alt+0178 is the worksheet data layout.

In text (normal text) it works like a charm, even in unit setting it works perfectly so i do not know why it doesn work here.

Here i leave an swf little movie showing what i mean. As you probably notice on the begining of the movie a piece of text is on top of worksheet data and the ascii character worked fine.

(Please rename .jpg to swf because forum file manager didnt not let me upload swf files)

Hello Pat,

Ok, i suspected that but why the heck when i am inside worksheet the character apears but when i close to return it changes to square root ? supousely it should not work inside worksheet eider!!!!

Am i rigth or wrong?

ps. sorry for puxing but it is a really nice tool and i wanted to give it the same look as i give to the rest of the document ... is there a way to hack this ?

Thx in Advanced