Sitemodel Hole , is it possible ?

Hello ppl,

1) Can one make an hole on an sitemodel ? in my case to showup the poolwater....

2) How to put my house model on the same level as DTM sitemodel? send to surface ? or level it up ? sorry but i am a newbie ... ( i achieved to do it by move3d the DTM sitemodel to level 0 , but there's a better way ? )

3) How can i Texture only the top of my DTM sitemodel ?

Thx in advanced

Hello,

1) You can use a texture bed, and apply what ever texture you want. If you where to turn of the texture bed by putting it on a class you would have a hole in the site model.

2) I am assuming that your house and site model are drawn on different layers. If you can create a DLVP on the site model of the your house. Alternatively I Have the site model drawn to where my house is I then adjust the heights of the layers to reflect real world conditions, then use stack layers.

3) click on the site model, go to the render tab in the objective info pallet and select the texture.

There are very good movies on the DTM in the Online Videos: http://www.nemetschek.net/library/index.php

Use a Pad Site Modifier set at the required zed height to form the bottom and then use a Fence Site Modifier to limit the hole sides to nearly vertical. They can't actually be vertical so make the transition something like 100 mm (4"). Then make sure this transition occurs in the zone of your pool walls.

Edited by mike m oz

Hello again, thx for your answers :)

John Meunier :

1) Texture Bed .. i manage to make the hole like you said but i didnt ever worked with this tools. is it possible to texture bed all the sitemodel top ? still got a lot to learn i see.....

2) DLVP ? my sitemodel was drawned in its own layer but referenced by my house model. i changed my heights and it worked (i am such an newbie...hehehe). thx

3) I allready did that but it applyies a texture to the entire site model, and i just wanted to texture the top ...

Mike m oz:

Thx i was aware of those videos but the lack of time just made me ignore them ... got to change habits..

Still i just found one and it just used an house massing model.

Ok i will try that, my DTM was altered to match the final terrain proposal so i dont need to change the terrain , so i will have to made an another with the original vertion.

By the way does anyone know how to move part of an 3dpolygon that remained at 0 ? i joined an 3dpolygon at level 0 to another at level 62 ant the result was a 3dpolygon that goes from level 62 to level 0 to level 62 again.

thx