Viewport content rotates on exporting VW 2009 as 12.5

This is baffling me - I hope someone can help.

When I Export a 2009 drawing as VW 12 my externally referenced dlvp rotates and repositions its content to where it was in the original file.

Can anyone help.? What am I missing? Thanks

Edited by bcd

I don't think so Ian. - Here's what I'm doing.

1>New VW2009 file

2>create new DLVP external external file.

3>move and rotate new DLVP

4>Save.

5>Export to VW12.

Open VW12 file (in VW12.5)

DLVP contents have been exported in the location & orientation they were before <3> move & rotate

Is this the expected behavior?

I would have thought that you were seeing the expected behavior. Because DLVPs didn't rotate pre 2009 - and didn't exist in v12.

But I'm wrong.

It works with a simple file. Moving and rotating didn't bother it. The moved and rotated DLVP appeared in the v12.5 document as a group whose only element was a layer link to the referenced layers.

With regular DLVPs (not an external reference) the DLVP appears (also moved and rotated) in the v12 document as a group whose only element is a layer link.

As a possibly useful tangent: I had some trouble with the link to the referenced external files dissolving upon export until I changed the names of all the design layers in the 2009 file so they weren't default names or the same as design layer names in the referenced file. (The file I was trying to export and the referenced file in the DLVP both had design layers named "Design Layer-1". That seemed to make it unhappy.)

In that instance, this warning appears:

The reference to the layer "Design Layer-1" has been canceled.

The layer "Design Layer-1" in the active document is not from the referenced document "blah blah blah". You must rename this layer before a layer with the same name can be referenced.

Then VW 2009 promptly crashes.

Is it possible that when you export from 2009 to v12 that the link is getting zapped?

hth

michaelk