Copying Data from report to excel

At our company we have various types of excel files we fill out in tracking inventory. I made a report that tells me how much stuff I have and the details of that stuff. It takes the information from the record associated with it.

I am finding it useful to take the database portion of some of these reports and copy the data into excel. The odd thing is that it adds a row between every record. Anyone ever have this issue or have a solution to keep it from doing this?

Matt

I am not seeing that here.

I created a worksheet and database. Copied and pasted just the database row data into Excel 2008. No blank rows

Selected and pasted the entire database rows (clicking in the row headers). No blank rows.

Selected and pasted the entire worksheet from edit mode. No blank lines

Copied and pasted the worksheet image from the drawing. Pasted into Excel as a picture.

Have you tried exporting the file to a CSV or tab delimited text file and reading that in to Excel. Then copy and paste from that Excel file into your real excel files?

Or send me a copy of the VW file and I will try it here.

• 3 weeks later...