Black&White

The B&W Only option only applies to the linework - fills still render in color.

If you're talking about making color fills appear as varying shades of gray, I can think of three options:

1. Use VP class overrides to change the fill colors to patterns

2. Export the color VPs to PDF, open them in Preview, Save As, and use the Gray Tone, Quartz Filter

3. Export the color VP to an Image File (like JPG,) change color depth to Grayscale (under Compression button,) and import the image back into VW

Thanks, Bill - That's exactly what I was trying to do. But I've found that fills don't render at all with the B&W option on.

The other workaround I came up with (which is pretty clunky) is to duplicate the 3D geometry (It would probably be the same with 2D geometry), give each duplicate a separate class - one class has the objects with their original color fills and textures, the new class has objects with gray fills. Then choose gray or color in the VP... Not very elegant.

michaelk

So you want an option for "Greytone" "GreyScale" in the OIP Advanced Properties tab?

See wish here: http://techboard.vectorworks.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=112896

But Solid Fills DO render their original color when the B&W option is on...when using OpenGL, or Renderworks, (as Bill is talking about).

Try again.

Unless of course, you are using Hidden Line, or Wireframe as in a Top/Plan view.

If so then Bill's Option #3 would work, since patterns still show up with B&W Only

when in Top/Plan. Image Fills also will show themselves.

But in any case, I would use Bills Option #2.

Duplicating the geometry, as in your workaround seems not only clunky, but really a nightmare.

Thanks guys.

You're right. I meant to say that the colors do render in Open GL. Not in Polygon modes.

I didn't actually duplicate the geometry... It was just the first solution that came to my poor little brain:-)

But... it's not a lot of geometry. And it's in a hybrid symbol. So editing would be not horrible. And it would allow feedback to the viewport without going outside of VW....

michaelk