Problem with window insertion - wall break changes

I'm having trouble with a few windows. I place them in walls and they insert just fine. Then, later, when I go back to them, the insertion has changed so that the wall break is at the outer edge of window trim rather than at the jamb. This isn't happening with all windows, just some. I've re-inserted them trying to fix the problem but the same thing happened with the new windows.

Has anyone else had this problem? Do any of you have an idea why this might be happening?

I've attached a pic of the windows in question.

• 4 months later...

I think I had this problem when I was making symbols out of

windows and then inserting them.

So you have this error when inserting a fresh window PIO?

Of course a very similar error occurs with cross section VP's

at windows with trim...very annoying.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bill, I've seen very similar things often in elevation views, in rendered modes, but never in plan view. So here's a couple questions: 1) Are the screenshots in "top/plan" view (as opposed to "top" which is a 3d view)? 2) Are they in "Wireframe" (as opposed to some other rendered mode)? 3) Have you tried using the "wall heal" tool at (or near) the offending end(s) of the window(s)? 4) Are you absolutely sure that the windows are "in wall", as opposed to just placed in the drawing but not actually inserted? 5) Have you tried quitting VW's and restarting? 6) Have you tried restarting the computer? 6) After restarting, can you open a brand new (as in blank- not a template) file and reproduce the problem?? Hope one of those might help ;-) Oh and BTW, I duplicate windows and doors all the time and I seriously doubt that has anything to do with it. Unless of course there was some really odd corruption in the first one...

The views that I posted are in top/plan/2d/wireframe view. I'm using elevation SLVPs and they show the gap also. The doors/windows are "in" the wall.

I can't MAKE the problem happen. I place a door/window, work on my drawings, and eventually the gaps appear. It only happens with some of the doors/windows and I can't discern any pattern to it.

If I pull the door out of the wall and reinsert it, the problem goes away temporarily but comes back after working in the file for a while. I can also temporarily "fix" the problem if I stretch the end of the wall, insert another door/window, or do any intersection clean-up.

This has happened in several files now but I think that they might all have started with the same (or at least a related) template.

I submitted a bug report about this but never heard anything from NNA about it.

As you can see from my topic "windows from 2008..." I had similar problems and have submitted it as a bug report. I also had a swift answer from NNA asking me to send files to them.

I have (as late as yesterday) sent several files and snapshots and am waiting for their reply.

My problem is not exactly the same but very similar and affects wall insertion and window detail presentations in particular.

I just started using 2009 and thought this was a 2009 problem, but if I go back to 2008, blank documents and all, I can reproduce similar problems - not the same though. At the end I get lost with all the different settings and possible combinations and blame myself for it all...so I'm not too proud to say that I'm glad I'm not alone with these problems.

Anyway, I'll tune in and give you all I get from my mail contacts with NNA a.s.a.p.

By the way - I'm not sure the problem is with the windows. I have a feeling the walls might be the root, because I have walls randomly loosing their "join-with-other-walls function". Also very annoying.

• 10 months later...