a bright idea

it seems that the following tool are about 90-95% finished.

(vw 12 made big improvements)

Window

Door

Stair

Section (hot)

DTM

i say that because i feel that these tools can get me that far and then i have to do a work around. (see my posts in the wish list for door improvements)

if they brought these tool to completion then they would not have to work on them any more. thus freeing up time for other tools less developed.

i can not see these tool needing to be endlessly improved for all time.

what does everyone think?

Clearly, fully realised functionality should be at the top of the list and it isn't. How can I recommend VW to others when they see the limitations? I use to argue that it was the biggest bang for the buck and I still feel it is but dang, newcomers aren't interested or swayed from their own CAD apps (the limitations of which they are already familiar with) they have already paid for.

I have said before that I would gladly pay more and NNA could justify charging more.

Fully realised functionality would be the single most cost-effective advertising I could imagine.

We keep asking for more and more, but very few of us are prepaired to pay a lot more - at least if it comes out of our own pockets.

Let's be realistic - VW is still worth the money, but of course, all available tools must work and do what they are supposed to - this is not always the case. We can contribute with our experience and report bugs etc and we expect swift respons from NNA whenever we do - this is not always the case either, although it has become a lot better. Katie and Robert do a great job.

Why could tools not be endlessly improved? There is always room for improvements. But there is always a price tag to it. Archicad offers more, a lot more than VW, but the price is just not at my level. I don't need all it can do - just as simple as that. VW can do a lot more than I ever will understand and I am more concerned about VW loosing contact with the original business idea - to be affordable.

On the other hand I agree. The tools must work and be useful. I've complained on stairs and windows tools and I hope for improvements. But I also understand that my complaints might be marginalized because they just rise from my specific needs. Would these tools be 100% to you if they match my needs? -probably not.

So, basically we should keep on wishing, bug reporting etc and ask for better feed back from NNA on our demands. Perhaps a listing of topics on their part submitted for further investigation and possible improvements and their actual status. Transparency is the key word!

Today I have the feeling that a lot of what is discussed on this forum just vanishes into a big black whole and pops up again from time to time. What hits the heart of NNA is hard to tell.

Have you heard of the guy in France selling T-shirts on the net? He has all his sales figures, including the benefits he makes available on his net site. He now makes a fortune with his trustworthyness. These may still be fake figures ... who knows?

digital..., I completely agree. Of your list, stairs need the most work (see this forum for MANY references to stair issues.) Door and window tools need to have rendering issues (sills on windows, glass on doors) fixed and a few options added to be considered complete in my book. Live sections just need to be a bit more stable and I'd call them "done."

Of course all of these tools could benefit from continued development but I'd love to first see them fixed to a point where they work without the need for workarounds.

Unfortunately, "fixing" things doesn't sell software - new features do. I bought VW 6 months ago and there are times when I think that they developed the tools just well enough to include them in the brochure but not quite well enough to easily use them on a real project.

All things considered, I'm pretty happy with VW but I really would like to see the current feature set "finished" before VW2009.