Hatches not showing in 'Grey Others' view

Does anyone else have a problem in v12.5.2 whereby sometimes hatches don't show when switching to Grey Others?

Say, for instance, you have Layer Options set to 'Show/Snap/Modify Others', you have one layer active, then, in the nav palette, you set another layer from Off to Grey visibility.

When I do this I can't see any hatches or fill.

If I then switch that layer from Grey to On, then switch Layer Options 'Grey/Snap Others' I can see the hatches (i.e. greyed out).

Christiaan-

I'm not sure I follow all the permutations you're going through - but I have never been able to see hatches on a different layer (and/or class) when the visibilities are set to any of the 'Grey' options. Same with VP visibility settings.

I've always wished that hatches would still be visible with 'Grey' view options.

Tim

I must be doing something wrong then, because I certainly cannot.

If I set 'View>Class Options' or 'View>Layer Options' to either of the 'Gray' options - hatches on non-active layers disappear.

Is there some preference setting to control this? Or am I just an idiot?

Sorry for being dense (I don't intend to hijack your topic) - it's just that I've searched for this topic before on this forum as well as the manual with no solution.

Thanks,

Tim

Thank you Jonathan! I did not know it made a difference how I applied the hatch: associative -vs- non-associative. I looked again in the manual to see if it notes this difference - I couldn't find it.

Now that I know where I went wrong - I still think that associative hatches (assigned via the Attributes or Resource Browser) should be visible when 'Grayed'.

Christiaan - could this also be the reason for your not seeing the hatches when 'greyed'?

Thanks again.

Tim