Vectorworks 2008

jbrhwy

When you suggest saving a workspace, how are you "saving" it?

Is this just after making a change to a workspace and exiting the workspace editor?

Is this a workspace carried over from an earlier version, or one built in with VW 2008?

Check the permissions on the whole VW 2008 folder and ensure you have read/write permissions for everything including subfolders.

Katie

The Bulb Flat plug-in is not being installed by the installer & is not any where on my computer. When I open any of the existing VW2008 workspaces using the workspace editor & then hit OK, with or without making changes I get the error. All of the other structual shape plug-ins are there: angle, channel, I-beam, etc.

I've seen this message after an upgrade when using a custom workspace from the earlier version, and before I've added the custom plugins that are included in that workspace to the new plugin folder.

It's possible to have a tool icon in a workspace without the corresponding plugin in the plugin folder or anywhere else on your computer, and when that happens this is exactly the error message you get.

As to why you're getting this with a stock workspace....? It still seems that somehow this condition must exist.

Edited by ccroft

I have recieved this error upon opening and modifying the workspace. Added no plug-ins and brought none over from a previous version. Cannot find the plug-in reffered in either the workspace editor or the plug-in editor.

It appears the hard coded system is looking for a plug-in that does not exist.

Pete

Katie

I have tried all built-in workspaces (Classic, Landmark Classic, Landmark & Standard) using the original default file with the same result.

The problem must lay with the installation DVD. The Bulb Flat plug-in has never been in any previous version of Landmark. Being using MiniCad/VectorWorks since 1990.

When I get the error, it's following by a box asking if I want to save the workspace anyways with a Yes or No option, and the workspace change is stored.

I see you are on a Mac, I'll have to test it there.

If you can't save changes to workspaces, you may need to verify your permissions of your workspace folder, and contents.

It may be that the the flat bulb plugin is a red herring, and it is actually a permissions issue. I know without a doubt you can save changes to a workspace that is trying to access plugins that are no longer there, and use it just fine.

HTH,

ion

Edited by ionw

ionw

Permissions are all read/write, but it appears that workspace files in VW2008 are different format than previous versions. "I know without a doubt you can save changes to a workspace that is trying to access plugins that are no longer there, and use it just fine", have you tried this with 2008?.

Katie

Yes I got the prompt, but when the workspace was reopened it wasn't saved.