Viewport Associative Dimensioning

Layer Links? Associative dimensioning is not supported in viewports.

Understood, but doesn't that defeat the purpose of a viewport's ability to be updated? Aside from not adding dimensions to a viewport until you're absolutely sure you're done drawing (ha ha!), what alternatives are there to adding the dimensions? Keep in mind I have 3D objects that I need to dimension in plan, front and side views.

Layer Links? Associative dimensioning is not supported in viewports.

What was met is that ViewPorts use"Layer Linking" similar too Linked Layers.

Therefore, if associated dimensions do not work on Linked Layers then they will not work with VP annotations which uses Layer Links ... sorry for the confusion ; )

You will need to put the dimensions in different classes (say, Dim-Front, Dim-Top, etc.)

Then in each viewport, only turn on the class that is appropriate and make the other Dim classes invisible.

Pat

I have done that kind of approach using design layers and classes. I'll give it a try with viewports. I hope the dimensions associate that way.

As long as the dimensions are in the design layer (same layer or at least same scale and view) as the original objects, you should be able to associate.

I just checked, and it appears that you can only associate to 2D objects, not 3D. If this is the case, you might as well just dimension in the viewport as you will have to edit the dimensions manually no matter what.

Pat

As long as the dimensions are in the design layer (same layer or at least same scale and view) as the original objects, you should be able to associate.

I just checked, and it appears that you can only associate to 2D objects, not 3D. If this is the case, you might as well just dimension in the viewport as you will have to edit the dimensions manually no matter what.

Pat

That's my plan. Thanks.