Class visibilities on sheet layers

Am I being really dim or is there no way to have different classes visible on 2 different sheet layers in the same file. I want to use classes to change the key-plans on title blocks. but making the class invisible changes all the sheet layers.

i'm sure there is a way to do it... or at least I hope.

it's a part of the title block though, not a key on the drawing.

I'd rather not have extra viewports for every sheet.

it goes back to the lack of ability to control layer and class combinations in vectorworks. i.e. display class A and B in Layer 1 and only A in layer 2. viewports are too liable to be moved and since the snapping of viewports is lousy it's not tight enough to do this kind of thing

it's a part of the title block though, not a key on the drawing.

I'd rather not have extra viewports for every sheet.

it goes back to the lack of ability to control layer and class combinations in vectorworks. i.e. display class A and B in Layer 1 and only A in layer 2. viewports are too liable to be moved and since the snapping of viewports is lousy it's not tight enough to do this kind of thing

The snapping of VP works just fine, but you'll need to know how to work with them.

If you do not want to work with VP, then you'll have to use SV. It perfect for what you want, you can even script something.

Christiaan

unfortunately we crop the viewport to the side of the title block, so i'd need an extra one..

I went with the revolutionary step of drawing it on the sheet layer in the end.. seemed the quickest way.

Dworks

I've never been able to snap vieports to objects

see here

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=7&Number=79622&Searchpage=2&Main=17615&Words=mralistair&topic=0&Search=true#Post79622

I have different sheet layers with different class visibilities all the time. I just change the visibilities in the viewport itself is all. If you're talking about putting little things here and there on the titleblock, you could make those key legends into symbols themselves and "stamp" them on. I'll bet (though I'm no programmer) that one could create a plug in object for your titleblock.

I really only use sheet layers as containers for viewports and border/titleblock objects. Therefore for me I prefer to NOT have any class assignments to sheet layers at all. I'd rather work with everything on and control through viewports. But...we all work in different ways.