2D to 3D

I would like to convert a series of 2D design layers into a 3D drawing to see in isometric. Is this possible?

I made a drawing of a hexagonal arbor, drawing each section of the arbor on a separate design layer -- footers, posts, deck joists, decking surface, roof structure, roof finish -- and assigning a Z and Delta Z figure for each layer according. When I switch to an isometric view (or try the Flyover Tool), however, I get no 3D imaging. I am obviously doing something wrong.

Is it possible to convert a series of layered 2D drawings into a 3D drawing automatically?

Marc

In a viewport, say "Project 2D objects", then define an orthogonal view.

All object will of course be flat. No "wireframe" mode or rendering, no perspectives. Still, it can be helpful. I occasionally use this for functional diagrams of multi-storey buildings (albeit with layer links, being a VW 9 dinosaur.)

MpK, you're all set to make hybrid 2d/3d symbols from all those parts:

ie,

Group a post>enter group>duplicate post>extrude dup>place 3d loci at insertion point>select all>create symbol with insertion at loci>leave symbol in place>exit group, bingo ! Do it again for the remaining objects.

(albeit with layer links, being a VW 9 dinosaur.)

au contrare ... all us dinos rely heavily on the power of Layer Links to manage our projects ; )