Uneven Paired Doors

Jodyb17

How would I go about creating a door that has two leaves of differing size? So far all that I have been able to come up with is two doors next to each other in a wall, but that is technically incorrect graphically as well as cubersome while drafting. I also tried creating a symbol, but I couldn't get it to interact with the walls correctly.

Help is much appreciated!

Jody

Jody,

You can do this by creating a custom leaf symbol. Create a door and use a custom leaf. Exit the dialog. Now Edit the leaf symbol you have chosen. Duplicate the leaf. Place it next to the other leaf. Resize the leafs to the sizes you would like to have for them. Group them and go into plan view. Now center them by setting X and Y to 0 in the OIP for the group. Now Ungroup them and exit the symbol editor.

HTH,

Dave.

Jody

The best solution is go and buy Windoor from Ozcad. This will allow you to form the door you want plus many other combinations of doors and windows that cannot be made with the standard VW door and window tool. We purchased Windoor recently and can highly recommend it.

The link below should hopefully take you to their website.

http://

Hope that helps.

John Ryan

Camilleri-Preziosi Ryan Architects - Dublin

VW 12.5 Mac OSX G5 2 Ghz

• 1 month later...

Dave,

I'm having the same problem as Jody. I've tried using the approach you suggested and I can't get it to work. The first step in your instructions was to create a door. Since I want one leaf to be 36" wide and the other one to be 18" wide, I assume the door I create should have a width of 54" and the configuration should be "swing bi-part." Is this correct?

I duplicated one of the custom door leaf symbols and edited it as you suggested, in effect creating a door leaf symbol that has two leaves in it, one 36" wide and one 18" wide with the zero point centered. The problem is that when I assign this custom door leaf symbol to the door I created, it still displays two equal width leaves. It appears the two-leaf symbol is assigned to each leaf rather than having the two-leaf symbol applied to the entire opening. Does this make any sense?

What am I doing wrong?

Eric