Aaargh... that darn interactive zoom tool

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

9 answers to this question

Kaare,

I believe that your nail in the head thing is very descriptive. You may have some issues....uh..yah you might need to seek some help. But in the meantime have you been able to isolate the specific keystrokes prior to it defaulting back to the zoom tool. I have noticed that I am always causing my problems with the sensitivity of my keyboard and that I hit keys very lightly causing a shift to the zoom tool...also I seem to create duplicate viewports when I bump the control-D accidently when I control-S to save.

However....they have taken all the hammers and nails from me at my workstation because I threatened to cause harm to myself and those around me with my CADD frustrations.....They took my scissors, staple pullers, rulers, pens and pencils (I must use crayons...they say I can't hurt myself with crayons). Heck...they even make me use a corded mouse because my cordless was to close to a grenade. But I kind of like the view through the little window in my new padded office....reminds me of...hmmmm..well...dang zoom tool!!!...I gotta go...it's really difficult to work CADD with a straight jacket on....you know the mouse gets tangled up in the....

Kaare,

I've been watching this from the sidelines and finally went to see for myself what the fuss is all about. I got it to happen when I used to Line tool and then went to Zoom with boomerang mode. Yep, Interactive Zoom.

I noticed the Line tool was set to Unconstrained Mode - the second mode, same as Interactive Zoom Mode. I reset the Zoom tool to Marquee Mode and set the Line tool to Constrained Mode. Now when I boomerang to the Zoom tool I get the Marquee Mode.

Your problem seems to be linked to the mode of the tool you are coming from. If your tool mode is 2 or higher you get Interactive Zoom Mode. Try it with the Rectangle tool which has no mode buttons. You will boomerang to Marquee Zoom Mode, assuming the Zoom tool was in Marquee Mode to start with.

Now pull the nails from your forehead and learn to draw with tools in their first mode. ;-)

HTH,

Raymond