surface area of ​​a space in percent

I think you would have to manually enter a formula such as =A2*100/[sum of areas] in column B. I don't think there's a way to do it automatically in a database i.e. without entering the sum of all the areas manually. But let's wait to hear what the worksheet experts have to say.

I know we have fought this before, but I am too lazy/busy to track down that thread right now.

There is a problem in worksheets where if you use a value from a database header row in a spreadsheet cell calculation and then try to use that spreadsheet cell later in the database header row the value will default to zero and the calculation will fail.

So in a very simple database with Space.Area in column A starting at row 4, you can't just put a formula of =A4 into A1 and display the summed value of all the spaces. As soon as you try and set the next column in the database to =A4/A1, the calculation will fail.

In this case if you only care about the total area you can fake it.

In my sample worksheet, put a formula of =Area(PON='Space') in cell A1. Then the column B formula of =A4/A1 will work.

You would actually want to also include all of the criteria from the database rather than my simple PON=Space which sums the area of every space object.

If you wanted to use the more sophisticated Space.Gross Area or Space.Net Area, I think you are out of luck. I don't know of a way to SUM those values by criteria.

HTH

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

There is a problem in worksheets where if you use a value from a database header row in a spreadsheet cell calculation and then try to use that spreadsheet cell later in the database header row the value will default to zero and the calculation will fail.

So in a very simple database with Space.Area in column A starting at row 4, you can't just put a formula of =A4 into A1 and display the summed value of all the spaces. As soon as you try and set the next column in the database to =A4/A1, the calculation will fail.

This is what I tried + I wondered why it didn't work. I vaguely remember it being discussed before. Thanks for the explanation + the =Area(PON='Space') workaround. 

Then edit the criteria to only include that layer.

Easiest way is to use the Criteria Builder in either the Worksheet (Insert Criteria) into a cell and then copy/paste it into the formula, or if you want it in a separate window, create a dummy Vectorscript (from the Resource Manager) and use the Criteria option from the first button at the top left of the Script Editor window to get to the Criteria Builder.

But for simplicity, the formual you want is:

=AREA((PON='Space') & (L='00 Walls')))

• Like 1