Visibility of the hatching in 2Dplan

Amarin

Question

Posted (edited)

hello. Can smw help me, in file I'm working on now dissapeared the hatching and layers of the walls. All walls are white now. Mb turned it off accidentally, and can't find where to turn them back on. Sorry for stupid question. Its really annoyng not to see the layers of the walls.  VW2024

Edited by Amarin

5 answers to this question

Please check if you are in the Top/Plan view and if all the necessary classes are switch on. This is the most common reason in my office. You can check in the Organization Box or Navigation Palette. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SthavyaK said:

Please check if you are in the Top/Plan view and if all the necessary classes are switch on. This is the most common reason in my office. You can check in the Organization Box or Navigation Palette. 

thank you for the answer. All walls are laying in 2 classes, and they are switched on, I see them, but without the hatching. It looks like some general setting in document is switched off. 

Edited by Amarin

Check to see if your "Auto Display Detail Levels"  is on or off.   This controls the detail level for objects like windows walls and doors.
Your signature doesn't show your VW version,  for 2024 look top right under Quick Preference settings button.

The attached screen shots show it turned on and off.

auto detail 1.png

auto detail 2.png

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Amarin said:

thank you for the answer. All walls are laying in 2 classes, and they are switched on, I see them, but without the hatching. It looks like some general setting in document is switched off. 

Post a .vwx file or portion of a file demonstrating the problem and you'll get better support here.  We are just guessing otherwise.

On 5/2/2024 at 5:22 PM, TomKen said:

Check to see if your "Auto Display Detail Levels"  is on or off.   This controls the detail level for objects like windows walls and doors.
Your signature doesn't show your VW version,  for 2024 look top right under Quick Preference settings button.

The attached screen shots show it turned on and off.

Thats it! Thanks. I thought that it is smth dumm and simple  :))