Worksheets

AlanW

Question

Hi I want to add all the symbol used in a drawings that are within a certain symbol folder.

Have been doing it with records and text but the symbol which is a bit of a drawing i can add the image but it will pick up all the images in the drawing if i don't sort. Any ides would be greatly appreciated.

See Attached 2024

Thanks 

Alan 

Screenshot 2024-03-29 081013.jpg

Legend test.vwx

5 answers to this question

Hi @AlanW

when I saw your post I initially thought - GRAPHIC LEGENDS.

Personally I don't work with Records or Worksheets as I don't understand much of it.

However Graphic Legend I believe to be similar in setting up, and may provide you with more freedom of choice.

Overall I am not 100% sure I understand your question.

In any case - I would think that symbols could only be chosen if they are placed on a drawing  --> meaning placed onto a Design Layer.

I may be wrong - but if the symbols are only within your library, then that may be the reason them not showing up in either - in a record or in a graphic legend.

See attached - I took your file and chose a Graphic Legend template from the VW library and then set up to chose symbols.

It's start that may suit you as an alternative.

Please check the Sheet Layer.

Cheers,

Grethe 

Screenshot 2024-03-29 at 1.05.46 pm.png

Legend test - V-01.vwx

@Grethe Connerth

Hi Thanks for the response. See attached a finishes schedule.

I have a symbol folder with each one attached is to a records and i can place one of these symbols on a design layer, annotations layer or sheet layer and the spreadsheet will read them. So if you have a huge legend list you can have only the ones used in the drawing showing in the legend.

I want to do the same with the electrical symbols.

Hope this makes it clearer.

Regards

Alan

Finishes Schedule.vwx