How Can I Download a Previous Update Version Of VW 2024?

Hello all, 

I am attempting to download a previous update: VW 2024 Update 2. I want this particular version because it was the last update I had where Vectorworks ran smoothly before I updated to Update 4. 

Update 4 is beyond slow and the software application even crashes when rendering. My hardware is good and I have updated all drivers. At this point I would just prefer to get back to Update 2 so that I can get work done. 

Does anyone know how to install a particular update version? I see that I can download VW latest '23 version, but I don't specifically see where Update versions can be downloaded.

• Like 1

rDesign, thanks for your response, can you clarify one thing for me? I can't seem to find the Vectorworks Updater Software Application. In your post you are saying that you can "...use the Vectorworks Updater application in your Vw 2023 application folder" but I am having difficulty locating this folder. 

Is it meant to be the same folder that was used to install vectorworks, or is it simply the vectorworks installer?

image.thumb.png.93b0f9ab2e7afe7470da9589e1118271.png

I am on MacOS, so I do not know where it is on Windows — but by Application folder I mean the Vw application itself, not an installer that you downloaded, and it should not be in your Downloads folder. 

It also depends on what version of Windows you are running — a google search for “where are the applications folders in windows 11” or whatever Windows version you are using should help you find the Application folder.

Perhaps one of the other Windows Users can offer you further, more precise assistance. 

Also take a look at the Vw Help File page on updating Vw:

Vw2024 User Guide — Updating Vectorworks Products

17 hours ago, rDesign said:

I am on MacOS, so I do not know where it is on Windows

It is also in the VW App Folder.

But on Windows it is in a VW Updater Sub Folder.

When I read about a new VW SP, ahm "Update", I directly start the VW Updater App(s).

I don't even bother to open VW itself - which has to get closed for updating anyway.

On 3/25/2024 at 11:04 AM, Scrappy_Bogart said:

Hello all, 

I am attempting to download a previous update: VW 2024 Update 2. I want this particular version because it was the last update I had where Vectorworks ran smoothly before I updated to Update 4. 

Update 4 is beyond slow and the software application even crashes when rendering. My hardware is good and I have updated all drivers. At this point I would just prefer to get back to Update 2 so that I can get work done. 

Does anyone know how to install a particular update version? I see that I can download VW latest '23 version, but I don't specifically see where Update versions can be downloaded.

It really is a bad release. I wonder how it got out of the virtual door?

• Like 1