VW home Screen won't load

Andrew Pollock

Question

19 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, Andrew Pollock said:

Since upgrading to sp4, if I click on the home button the screen opens but the content doesn't load. If I restart VW it works fine once or twice then stops loading again. Is anybody else having this issue? Is there something I have to click?

Yes I've had this off + on since upgrading to VW2024 + posted about it here:

The most recent advice I got from tech support was that it could be OS related + that I should upgrade to Sonoma but I haven't found time to do that yet. What OS are you using? Your signature looks to be very out of date...

3 hours ago, Andrew Pollock said:

ince upgrading to sp4, if I click on the home button the screen opens but the content doesn't load. If I restart VW it works fine once or twice then stops loading again. Is anybody else having this issue?

Yes, same thing.  My Home Screen was much smaller and just blank white. 

5 hours ago, Andrew Pollock said:

I had no Sonoma issues until this 14.4 upgrade. Why can't all softwares play nicely together?....

I have actually just updated to Sonoma 14.4 from Ventura (since I told Tech Support I would try this) + the Home Screen has now opened as normal!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Andrew Pollock said:

Is it still working?

I just closed + reopened VW + the Home Screen opened as expected so that's two out of two so far 🙂

But before I shut down I tried opening the Home Screen within the application + got the small blank version in the middle of the screen so I'm not convinced I'm out of the woods. However when I summon it up now it's opening as normal... Just need to see what happens...

1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

I just closed + reopened VW + the Home Screen opened as expected so that's two out of two so far 🙂

But before I shut down I tried opening the Home Screen within the application + got the small blank version in the middle of the screen so I'm not convinced I'm out of the woods. However when I summon it up now it's opening as normal... Just need to see what happens...

Thats what I'm finding. When I restart the program it works as expected. The second time it opens full screen but blank, third time it opens as a small blank screen.

5 minutes ago, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

are you connected to the AI Visualizer?  

Hi Paul not sure what you mean by 'connected' to it. I have AI Visualizer as a command as I guess everyone does following Update 4 but whether I have the web palette open or not has no bearing on the Home Screen issues. In fact, as per the linked thread above I've been experiencing this ever since VW2024 Update 0. It seems we're all experiencing something slightly different + in fact most people (judging by the number of responses here) are having no issues at all. Unless most people have the Home Screen disabled that is 🙂. All I know is I never had any issues with the Home Screen prior to VW2024...

Thanks for that Tom.  I am not a Service Select member so I don't see the command.  As you are very capable with VW's, I thought you might not be either.

One of the oddest things that occured and I noticed someone saw this also, is the following.  

VW's froze.  I think I hit the esc. button, but then the program shut down and my computer restarted automatically. 

regards....Paul

5 minutes ago, VIRTUALENVIRONS said:

I am not a Service Select member so I don't see the command.

I'm sure the command is there, you just have to edit your workspace to find it. But you are right that without VSS you won't be able to do anything with it because it uses the cloud for processing...

I think you're a special case but in general everyone is a VSS member these days since the transition to subscription.

10 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

I think you're a special case

Yes, my wife thinks that also, but not in a good way.😀

I do really think the Ai Visualizer is a great idea.  I am seeing a lot of fantastic artistic work, if it can simply take out the complexity of doing a 3D rendering that matches the clients eye, it's going to change the game.

But, it will soon be the same for all CAD systems, once again bringing everything back to the "drawing board". so to speak. 

• Like 1