Barrel ceiling & more technical ceilings

All,

I'm curious as to whether or not you'd benefit from a Ceiling Component that worked in conjunction with the VW Wall Component tool.

Specifically one that allowed for barrel shape, length, depth, and being a component, would allow for takeoff data & IFC materials. Yes, you can define the area, extrude, and subtract solids, and be left with a decent working barrel ceiling, but it'd be nice to have something that could help account for object conflicts and directly work with the Wall Component.

I'm finding that when building a digital twin, this embellishment is an often used item in our toolkit, and it makes it difficult to accurately account for materials when I cannot target the underlying components involved. Also, given that now we're seeing municipalities become more stringent on 'Construction Drawings", providing a richer level of detail would be beneficial!

Also, thinking more globally, instead of using the choose 'slab from objects', would it also not be of benefit to have a dedicated (Residential) Ceiling component? One that could allow for a push / pull(?) of the ceiling, etc.?

- Ryan

• Like 2