Floor framing using AEC framing option

Hello

I am trying to draw a floor framing plan and after watching multiple tutorials have chosen to use the AEC-framing option.

I have indicated the perimeter of the floor and completed all the info required but there does not seem to be a question asking the direction of the floor joists? the program keeps drawing them along my building not across as I would like?

Also in plan view the joists appear as a single line with a T end, I thought they would show as solid with the pen thickness around the perimeter and the colour I have chosen in the fill.

Thanks Mon

2 hours ago, Monique Freese said:

Also in plan view the joists appear as a single line with a T end, I thought they would show as solid with the pen thickness around the perimeter and the colour I have chosen in the fill.

In the 'Set Joist Properties' dialog, in the '2D Display' drop-down select 'Width'.

2 hours ago, Monique Freese said:

I have indicated the perimeter of the floor and completed all the info required but there does not seem to be a question asking the direction of the floor joists? the program keeps drawing them along my building not across as I would like?

When you've set up things you want them + you click 'OK' in the 'Create Joists' dialog, you then need to click twice on your source shape on the Design Layer to set the direction of the joists. Like this:

• Love 1

Yes Tom you are AMAZING and thank you so much for helping me.

I figured out the following was causing the issues yesterday:

1. My laptop was playing up and not performing basic functions but gave no indication it was struggling so the actions I asked for were not being performed in a timely manner. So rebooted the laptop and HEY PRESTO things started working as they should. So after filling in the info and tapping OK I was able to click for start and end indicating the orientation of the joists. YIPPEE!!

2. When I looked at the joist properties I had ticked the SOLID option because I assumed it would then draw me a solid looking piece of timber in 2D plan view and 3D perspective , but alas no, only in 3D. I changed it to each of the settings so I could see what happened and NONE was the best option for what I wanted.

3. The batteries are starting to fail in my wireless keyboard so on occasion nothing was happening when I tapped a key ..... but strangely since I removed and reinserted the batteries there have been no further issues.

Who would have thought all these would happen at the same time .... SIGH!!