(2024) Containers in Label Legend don't appear with the instrument.

Basically what the title says.  I don't really know how to express the issue in clear terms, so here are some pictures.

Everything looks good while I'm editing the 2D Layout:

image.png.344b3d1661c36dd4e3282692ece6e047.png

But when I actually apply it to the instrument, the containers and line all vanish:

image.png.458494287f062e36255791b94722933b.png

I was having this issue with my main venue file, which was previously displaying containers correctly but stopped when I changed some of the instruments (we got an upgrade).  I assumed I had screwed something up, but this is still happening in a brand new file on a fresh install of the latest version.  Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I'm being hounded for an up-to-date light plot and would really prefer to have one that isn't just a sea of floating numbers.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Scott C. Parker said:

Can you copy a light and the legend into a file and post it here for us to look at?

The file is attached.  This isn't copied from anywhere, I just tried to set it up in a brand new file and got the same result.

4 hours ago, TomWhiteLight said:

Did you add the containers to the legend in the 2d layout?

Or did you check the container option in the create label legend dialogue in the Spotlight label legend manager?

image.png.ec66b5088000c9183aedb55b2381d6c6.png

Am I looking at the wrong menu here?  I don't see any such option.  My original screenshot, and the attached file, will clearly show that I'm adding them to the 2D layout.

example.vwx

Edited by TheaterTechGuy
  • Like 1

I just downloaded the "example.vwx" file. opened it, opened Label Legend Manager, and then Edit th fields. it appears that you weren't able to click on each of your attributes and then select the container type that you wanted. in the screen shot, i selected each of your desired attribles, then clicked on the container type and selected the circle, rectangle, and hexagon, for the channel, universe, and circuit number, respectively. seems like you're almost there; just select the attribute, then click on the container type that you want.

Label Legend.jpg

• Like 3

Thank you!  I figured it had to be something I was missing.  Is this a change from older versions?  In my old light plot I didn't need to select things from this menu; it was enough to add things to the 2D layout directly.  Is there a way I could still do that if i wanted, for example, a line connecting all the containers to the instrument?

To my knowledge, this is the way it has been for some versions of the app. it may be that this label legend was so old that it needed to have the containers reassigned? as for adding a line to connect all the containers to the instrument: it's been a while, and might require experimentation?

• Like 1