Let us have section line instances on section viewports

line-weight

Question

There are many occasions where it would be very useful to have a fully co-ordinated section line instance show up on another section viewport.

For example here is a plan view of a staircase

Screenshot2024-03-11at10_38_21.thumb.jpg.d91df38b032299d77a2397c147d8e097.jpg

Marked on there are three sections (numbered 452/1, 452/2 and 452/3). These are fully co-ordinated with the section viewports they are associated with - if I want to move the location of a section cut, then the section line instance on this viewport will move accordingly.

But I want to show these three cross-sections on the long section through the stairs too:

Screenshot2024-03-11at10_38_51.jpg.e19c0358c6f89da2999db8b9e2884c82.jpg

In this viewport, those section lines have to be placed manually. They are co-ordinated with the relevant section viewports only to the extent that the viewport/sheet numbers will update with any changes - if I change the location of any of these sections I have to remember to come back to this viewport and move the section lines manually.

Edited by line-weight
  • Like 4

3 answers to this question

Along the same vein... I want to be able to create a Section Viewport by cutting across an existing section viewport (like you currently can when creating a Section Viewport from a regular Viewport). There are some technicalities that'd have to be resolved with extents, and with jogged sections, but I'm sure it could be worked out.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, Andy Broomell said:

Along the same vein... I want to be able to create a Section Viewport by cutting across an existing section viewport (like you currently can when creating a Section Viewport from a regular Viewport). There are some technicalities that'd have to be resolved with extents, and with jogged sections, but I'm sure it could be worked out.

Yes, this too please.