Vectorworks 2024 PDF File Size

Hello, I'm having an issue with PDF file size after publishing.  Low detail files are coming out at 15MB PDF's and I can't figure out why.  I've even opened files that were native Vectorworks 2023 in 2024 and re-published but they still come out to an expected PDF file size, 2-3MB.

I've even replicated drawings that I did using Vectorworks 2023 in 2024 and the same exact drawing comes out as a PDF that is 5 times the size.

Anybody having this issue?

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Kevin Allen said:

I have not done the comparison, but somewhere along the way VWX added the option to export PDFs as rasterized. I prefer them to be vector, so I don't look for this option. I wonder if it has become default in 2024?

Vector based PDFs seem to be the default in 2024 on a Mac using the native pdf driver.

@zack310 a couple of recent related threads linked below, found by searching for “pdf size”. Others have experienced this as well, but it is a long standing issue with PDF files made by Vw, it is not an issue limited to just Vw2024.

If you are getting large PDFs, it is always recommended to run your PDF through a ‘pdf squeezing’ app or website, a few suggestions are provided in the linked threads.