Resetting Text and Dimensions Hangup

bpsabatier

Question

So we've come across a problem with our Wall Details file where it is very slow to open the file.  It hangs at the point of "Resetting Text and Dimensions" for a few minutes.  I've gone in a purged, nothing changed, but then I deleted all text and dimensions, and the problem completely goes away.

Is anyone else having this problem?  Granted, there were 5000+ dimensions and text objects, but the whole file was only 55mb.  We work on 150-250mb files all the time and it doesn't take that long to open.

Just wondering if there is a better fix for this....

3 answers to this question

Hi @bpsabatier, I too had this delay on opening if files [any files] that started at some point during VW2023 usage. It was extremely annoying to sit watch and wait....

For me, the issue to resolve itself with installing VW2024 though I have no idea why that would be the case. 

Unfortunately no fix from me, perhaps some fine VW user does have a fix for you.

12 minutes ago, FlyingHoward said:

Hi @bpsabatier, I too had this delay on opening if files [any files] that started at some point during VW2023 usage. It was extremely annoying to sit watch and wait....

For me, the issue to resolve itself with installing VW2024 though I have no idea why that would be the case. 

Unfortunately no fix from me, perhaps some fine VW user does have a fix for you.

We are using 2024 and this just started happening in the last couple of weeks...

If the problem is only with that one file, it sounds like it could be some kind of file corruption.

Try creating two new files and importing 1/2 of the layers with objects from the problem file into each one. If one of them opens slowly, then you know the problem is with the layers in that file.  Repeat as necessary to identify the layer with the problem. Then duplicate the file and delete 1/2 the objects. If still slow then the problem is in the remaining objects. If not slow, then repeat with the other 1/2 of the objects.

Or if both of the first 1/2 files are quick, then import the layers so you are back to one file and see what happens.

And make sure you are running the latest update (3.1) to VW2024.