Shaded 3D view highlighted pink

soledad4

Question

I'm a college student and recently began learning vectorworks, I've downloaded 2023 version for class this semester and in all of my files when I go into orthogonal shaded view all objects are highlighted pink. The pink goes away when I move the view with the flyover tool but the objects are highlighted pink again when I stop moving the view. I've tried searching through this forum and other places but can't find anyone that's run into this problem before. I can continue doing my work just fine but its a nuisance and makes it difficult to share my work with my professor and classmates since even in camera view everything is still highlighted pink. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the program on my laptop and it did not fix this issue. At the start of the semester I wasn't having this issue then it happened suddenly while working on one assignment and now in all of my files when I go into shaded view everything is highlighted pink.

I've attached a few screenshots below any help with resolving this would be appreciated!

image.thumb.png.dc2c2425a7c2670f3b7395569535bed4.png

image.thumb.png.82f589e3cb00cfb7ac0d1e83b437cce8.png

13 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

Check your Shaded Options from View:Rendering menu.

Make sure you don't have the Abient light color set to pink like I do in the screen shot below.  Default is White.

I've checked my rendering settings and the ambient light is set to white, I tried turning off the ambient light but it still hasn't fixed the issue. 😞 Is there anything else I can check that could resolve this? Thank you!

9 hours ago, Pat Stanford said:

In VW2024 I am not seeing the pink.

Could you possibly have the Clip Cube turned on? That is what is showing as pink in the image below.

Clip cube is turned off on my settings, I tried turning it on and off again and it doesn't resolve the issue. 😞 

21 hours ago, Elite Exhibits said:

On a similar note to @VIRTUALENVIRONS I have had random issues similar to his attached screen shots above

Typically a blue grey color - with Open GL / Shaded & Image Props - see attached

Assumed that the RevderWorks Background Was the culprit

Image Prop Background.pdf 733 kB · 2 downloads

Peter

if you have the same problem but in a different color, I wonder if it has to do with a desktop appearance theme?   Discussion of the quick preferences menu made me realize the quick preference menu highlight color is driven by the global Windows Appearance Theme Color ( https://forum.vectorworks.net/index.php?/topic/110894-2024-icons/#comment-496453 ) Maybe this is similar.

I don't know what is causing what you are seeing, but perhaps this bit of info might help someone who knows more about what is under the hood diagnose what process is responsible for this.

42 minutes ago, jmcewen said:

I wonder if it has to do with a desktop appearance theme?

Good thinking, but I am on a Mac.  There are problems with the Resource Palette.

For the last few days I have been doing "polygon reduction" using CINEMA 4D.  Had to go back to VW 2022 for this.

Workflow > Send to C4D > polygon reduction > export stl. > import back to VW.  The moment I put a texture on the file from the resource palette, it would freeze.

But....if I used the Render dialogue box, worked just fine.