ConnectCAD - How to create your own connector graphic styles ?

Hello, I want to know if it is possible to create its own connector "graphic styles" and "label style"?

Example of scenario

I have to do the wiring synoptic for my next show.  

I start by creating a basic device and I want to add a DMX connector.

So I use the "soket" tool, I enter the DMX characteristics and I position it on my basic device. 

The connector is symbolized by a green triangle (also called "skt_con_" in the "Graphic Style" dialog box located in "Object Info").

But , this green triangle (as well as the other basic styles proposed by vector works) does not suit me and I wish that my connector has the appearance of a real DMX plug

How can I create this DMX plug (or import its symbol from the resource manager) that it is then available in the "Graphic style" dialog of the connector. 

Thanks to everyone who will help me. 

Bonjour, je souhaite savoir si il possible de créer ses propres "styles graphique" et "style étiquette" de connecteur ?

Exemple de mise en situation

Je dois réaliser le synoptique du câblage pour mon prochain spectacle.  

Je commence par créer un périphérique basique et je veux lui ajouter un connecteur DMX

J'utilise donc l'outil "connecteur", je rentre les caractéristiques DMX et je le positionne sur mon périphérique basique. 

Le connecteur est symbolisé par un triangle vert (aussi appelé "skt_con_" dans la boite de dialogue "Style graphique" situé dans "Info Objet")

Mais voila, ce triangle vert (ainsi que les autres styles de bases proposé par vector works) ne me convient pas et je souhaite que mon connecteur possède l'apparence d'une vrai fiche DMX

Comment puis je faire pour créer cette fiche (ou importer son symbole depuis le gestionnaire des ressources) qu'elle soit ensuite disponible dans la boite de dialogue "Style graphique" du connecteur. 

Merci à toute personne qui me viendra en aide. 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Enzo Vernusse,

The easiest way to go for this would be to customize some of the existing socket graphics, such as the skt_con_classic_ symbols. Then in the socket OIP you can select skt_con_classic_ for the graphics style of these sockets.

Let me know if this helps.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Bonjour Nikolay, 

Tout d'abord, merci pour votre réponse rapide. Cela m'a permis d'avancer sur le sujet mais je m'interroge sur d'autres problématiques. 

En utilisant votre solution, je suis restreint à ne pouvoir modifier les styles de connecteurs de bases, qui sont au nombre de 9 (skt_con / skt_con_classic /skt_con_ctp / skt_con_ajf / etc...)

Cela implique deux problème

Le premier est que je suis contraint d'utiliser seulement 9 styles graphiques, alors que la diversité des appareils présents sur mon synoptique fait que j'ai besoin de bien plus de connecteurs. 

Le second problème est qu'a chaque création d'un synoptique je vais devoir remodifier tous les style graphiques de base, ce qui implique une grande perte de temps. 

Je cherche donc à pouvoir créer mes propres styles graphiques qui seront ensuite disponible la boite dialogue "style graphique" depuis la palette objet "Info objet". 

J'ai tenter plusieurs procédure qui n'aboutissent pas, mais cela peut amener des pistes de réflexions

J'ai importer un connecteur XLR ( dossier "panel connectors") dans le dossier "symbol Parts" de mon fichier ouvert. Ensuite dans la palette "données" j'aai tenter de lier au format de base de données "skt_rec" mais cela ne donne rien de concluant. 

J'envisage également de reprendre mon connecteur XLR, de l'enregistrer en tant que symbole        

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Enzo Vernusse Just posting a Google translate. Hope it does justice to your words.

Hello Nikolay,

First of all, thank you for your quick response. This allowed me to move forward on the subject but I wonder about other issues.

By using your solution, I am restricted from being able to modify the basic connector styles, which are 9 in number (skt_con / skt_con_classic / skt_con_ctp / skt_con_ajf / etc...)

This involves two problems:

The first is that I am forced to use only 9 graphic styles, while the diversity of devices present on my synoptic means that I need many more connectors.

The second problem is that each time I create a synoptic I will have to remodify all the basic graphic styles, which involves a great waste of time.

I am therefore looking to be able to create my own graphic styles which will then be available in the "graphic style" dialog box from the "Object Info" object palette.

I have tried several procedures which have not succeeded, but this may give rise to some food for thought:

I imported an XLR connector ("panel connectors" folder) into the "symbol Parts" folder of my open file. Then in the "data" palette I tried to link to the "skt_rec" database format but this gives nothing conclusive.

I'm also considering taking my XLR connector back, saving it as a symbol

We will look into this. I'm pretty sure this was possible but maybe not in the way you are trying. Truth is, not a lot of people customize socket graphics.

Conrad

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried before to create my own Label Styles by duplicating an existing set in the zNested Symbols but cannot get them to populate in the "Label Style" dropdown of the OIP

On 3/4/2024 at 3:23 AM, tk_ said:

I have tried before to create my own Label Styles by duplicating an existing set in the zNested Symbols but cannot get them to populate in the "Label Style" dropdown of the OIP

This is the same issue I am having. 

• 2 weeks later...

There have been other posts about this, because of how the PIOs work there has been relctance to do this through duplication and adding connectors because for eack socket there are a number of variations. 

One type of scoket style and label I would love now that adapters are in use for slots is a slot socket and label style.