Insertion of Styled Door at center of wall?

I'd customized the door jamb and leaf details from the preset door of the resource manager and I'd defined that the insertion of the door should be in the center of the wall while providing the details, and at the same time, I'd changed to "un style component". 

While I'm inserting the unstyled door to the center of the wall, it is inserted BUT I've changed that un style door component as a new door style with some name, and I'd used the new door style to other walls of the project, the insertion point has been automatically changed to offset mode from the center of the wall(which I'd not defined in the settings) and I'd also change the insertion option but it didn't changed.

If anybody knows the details of the insertion of the styled door at the center of the wall; drop the message here.,

The below image, didn't show the insert mode for the detailed styled door;

image.png.a28e32b63df49bfbfee370b417288189.png

The below image, shows the insert mode for the unstyled door;

image.png.ca6cf83e4c71e7e0f610d3c49797b7da.png

I have a similar issue.  I have a Storefront style door with frame inserted into a Wall. I need the door to be offset, but it only allows me to insert to center of wall, left edge of wall or right edge of wall.  I am trying to match the existing conditions of the rental space and this is becoming quite frustrating.  I never had this issue before and am confused as to how to correct it. 

Do I need to "unstyle" it?  Too much time has been spent trying to resolve this. Hopefully someone has a quick fix.

On 2/13/2024 at 10:30 AM, ARAVINDH said:

I'd customized the door jamb and leaf details from the preset door of the resource manager and I'd defined that the insertion of the door should be in the center of the wall while providing the details, and at the same time, I'd changed to "un style component". 

While I'm inserting the unstyled door to the center of the wall, it is inserted BUT I've changed that un style door component as a new door style with some name, and I'd used the new door style to other walls of the project, the insertion point has been automatically changed to offset mode from the center of the wall(which I'd not defined in the settings) and I'd also change the insertion option but it didn't changed.

If anybody knows the details of the insertion of the styled door at the center of the wall; drop the message here.,

The below image, didn't show the insert mode for the detailed styled door;

image.png.a28e32b63df49bfbfee370b417288189.png

The below image, shows the insert mode for the unstyled door;

image.png.ca6cf83e4c71e7e0f610d3c49797b7da.png

You need to right-click on the Door style in the OIP + open up the 'Plug-in Object Style Options'. There you can edit the Insert Location for the style or set it to be Unstyled which will allow you to change it on an instance by instance basis in the OIP. In your top screenshot the setting is controlled by style which is why it is greyed-out in the OIP. In the bottom screenshot it is not greyed-out because the object is Unstyled.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Shortnort said:

I have a similar issue.  I have a Storefront style door with frame inserted into a Wall. I need the door to be offset, but it only allows me to insert to center of wall, left edge of wall or right edge of wall.  I am trying to match the existing conditions of the rental space and this is becoming quite frustrating.  I never had this issue before and am confused as to how to correct it. 

Do I need to "unstyle" it?  Too much time has been spent trying to resolve this. Hopefully someone has a quick fix.

You are talking about the 'Insert Relative to' parameter in the Door settings. You need to look at the PIO Style Options as per post above. You basically say "I want THIS part of the door (the 'insert relative to' settings) to align with THIS part of the wall (the 'insert location' settings for the PIO)".

3 hours ago, Tom W. said:

You need to right-click on the Door style in the OIP + open up the 'Plug-in Object Style Options'.

I find this very unintuitive, so I added a Wishlist item to add a button to the OIP.  Please comment & vote (up arrow at top left):

My trial and error method: right-click on the Door -> 'Plug-in Object Options...' -> try different 'Insert Locations' and see if it solves it for you.

@Matt Panzer posted a diagram explaining the different controls that govern insertions in walls, but I can't find it right now.  

2 hours ago, Shortnort said:

Can someone tell me how to NOT see and print the Cut-out "symbol" from my storefront doors?  I am just leaving them for now. I may have to whitewash over them if I can't figure this out.

image.png.472295c66c137a8d707655eee4f664fe.png

Try enabling 'Use wall closure' for the Door in the PIO Options

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 2/18/2024 at 2:15 PM, Shortnort said:

Can someone tell me how to NOT see and print the Cut-out "symbol" from my storefront doors?  I am just leaving them for now. I may have to whitewash over them if I can't figure this out.

image.png.472295c66c137a8d707655eee4f664fe.png

Can you attache a file with that curtain wall and door?