Seeking Solution for Fixture Selection Issue in Vectorworks

Hello,

I've been using the "Select Similar Tool" to address selection issues with identical objects. However, I'm currently facing a challenge that I haven't been able to resolve yet.

In a new project, I failed by not initially selecting the correct class to add my fixtures. Consequently, all my fixtures ended up in the same class.

Normally, I assign a class to each type of fixture, allowing me to organize and manipulate my project more effectively, especially in different viewports.

However, this time, I didn't follow this procedure, and now I'm struggling to select all fixtures of the same type using just the mouse. I've tried different settings of the "Similar Selection Tool," but I still couldn't select all fixtures of the same type.

I use a software called Depence, which has an interesting tool to handle this situation. (Image)

image.png.0c16db22d18f0e301d680121147825eb.png

I'm curious if there's something similar in Vectorworks or another tool that can solve this selection problem.

I appreciate any suggestions or guidance you can provide in advance.

Best regards
Cristiano Alves

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Another option is to set up the automatic classing for Lights so each fixture type is assigned to its own class, you can then use the select similar tool set to class to select all the fixtures of the same type.

• Like 2

Thank you for all the help,

They really solved the problem.

5 hours ago, jcogdell said:

Another option is to set up the automatic classing for Lights so each fixture type is assigned to its own class, you can then use the select similar tool set to class to select all the fixtures of the same type.

Hummm, an automatic insertion in the corresponding class seems to me quite good to avoid these forgetfulness, I'm going to explore this tip.

Thank you

• Like 2