Sheeted Interior elevation doesn't match 3D model

Sade16

Question

The first screenshot is the sheeted elevation, the second is the 3D model, I got to this by clicking 'edit elevation in place'. All of the the relevant classes and layers are turned on. Can someone advise as to why this is happening and how to achieve the 3D model on the sheet without putting in a new interior marker?

It was working earlier I'm not aware I clicked anything to change this

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 16.45.16.png

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 16.45.27.png

7 answers to this question

It looks like an extents problem.  Select the viewport and make sure the Display Extents Before and After the Cut Plane are both selected. Click the Advanced Properties button at the bottom and make sure the Depths are set to infinite or at least deep enough to show what you need to show.

image.png.64c64145c78033099040e9ecf692d2ba.png

20 minutes ago, Sade16 said:

but in the advanced properties option it won't let me change it, it seems to be greyed out

Are you using a Viewport Style + those settings are by style? If so you need to edit the style or make it unstyled.

14 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Are you using a Viewport Style + those settings are by style? If so you need to edit the style or make it unstyled.

They're all unstyled interior viewports

To try it out I did make it an interior viewport style and check both options for extents but it still won't let me

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 18.17.52.png

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 18.20.51.png

Not sure what happened but it's suddenly allowing me to edit 'beyond cut planes' ? I'm a bit confused as to why it is now working, I did change it to an interior viewport as pictured before but it didn't seem to work.

Can anyone advise why this is happening? Would love to find a faster solution to fixing this for next time!

(also apologies as I changed VW to dark mode so it looks a bit diiferent to the previous screenshots

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 19.02.27.png