Fastest Way To Draw Driveway

Hi,

Sorry if this query is a waste of your time. I'm coming from other CAD software and am having trouble efficiently drawing the driveway below. Searching for help is difficult because the task is so novice. At present, I am basically drawing each line and arc, offsetting, and composing.  I would like to know how to, for example, draw an arc by choosing the start point->centre,->end point. I would just love to see how an experienced user would go about the whole thing. Thanks for any help.

image.png.3d30d5c05c38d11dfc41f5b8fddaf545.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 5:53 PM, Jes said:

Hi,

Sorry if this query is a waste of your time. I'm coming from other CAD software and am having trouble efficiently drawing the driveway below. Searching for help is difficult because the task is so novice. At present, I am basically drawing each line and arc, offsetting, and composing.  I would like to know how to, for example, draw an arc by choosing the start point->centre,->end point. I would just love to see how an experienced user would go about the whole thing. Thanks for any help.

Is this a school project by chance?

It kind of looks like it based on the dimensioning, forcing you to solve for unknowns with the provided dimensions and northing and easting.

Regardless, the drawing tools in Vectorworks have several modes.  For the Arc you ask about, the Center Mode works well.  You choose Start, End, and Center in that order.  The tool modes will prompt you for what is needed in the area to the right of the Mode icons.  The quickest way to get familiar with drawing in VWX is to explore these modes of the Polygon, Polyline, Arc, and Circle for these types of jobs.

The Polygon with Inner Boundary Mode (Paintbucket) is exceptionally useful for quickly generating complex polygons without damaging your construction lines or source geometry.

tool-mode-prompt.thumb.png.0756759737eb822f640799921adedcbf.png

• Like 2