Missing files when trying to replace a wall style.

And now a new proiblem.

Attached are two screenhsots.

It can be clearing seen there are 8 Wall stytles in my Master Wall Styles Folder.

So, why do they not show up when I am trying to replace a wall style and looking at the same Master Wall Styles Folder?

Furious with this programe. About to be deleted.

Vectorworks - Wall Styles Missing 1.jpg

Vectorworks - Wall Styles Missing 2.jpg

Because the Resource Selector doesn't show the resources which are already in the active file, you have to look in the active file for those resources. Not sure why it's like this or whether it's a good thing or not... I think I just accepted it + didn't question it...

Have the other two already been imported/referenced into your working file? I think VW does not show styles that have already been imported.

Have you done any of the training available at the Vectorworks University?  There is a lot of depth and complexity to the problem and trying to learn it on your own, especially if you are coming from a different program can be challenging.

2 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Because the Resource Selector doesn't show the resources which are already in the active file, you have to look in the active file for those resources. Not sure why it's like this or whether it's a good thing or not... I think I just accepted it + didn't question it...

Given up as it has deleted one of the Files in my resources with all my wall styles in.

Absiolutely livid!!!!!

This programme does not work properly.

I have wasted a day! And now Vectorworks deletes one of my rseources!!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Have the other two already been imported/referenced into your working file? I think VW does not show styles that have already been imported.

Have you done any of the training available at the Vectorworks University?  There is a lot of depth and complexity to the problem and trying to learn it on your own, especially if you are coming from a different program can be challenging.

Yes, I have

I saw the other thread about going back to Sketchup.  If it meets your needs and you are comfortable with it, then that is a good option. It is possible that you and VW just don't "think" the same.

But if you need more than Sketchup offers, VW may be a good option, but it will take some time to become proficient. 

I think that there are several power users here who had similar comments in their early stages of using VW. But they stuck with it and eventually made the jump in understanding to really like VW.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

3 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

I saw the other thread about going back to Sketchup.  If it meets your needs and you are comfortable with it, then that is a good option. It is possible that you and VW just don't "think" the same.

But if you need more than Sketchup offers, VW may be a good option, but it will take some time to become proficient. 

I think that there are several power users here who had similar comments in their early stages of using VW. But they stuck with it and eventually made the jump in understanding to really like VW.

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Thank you @Pat Stanford

I've struggled with it for too long. Just seems way less intuitive that Sketchup. It's a shame as I really wanted it to work out.

The deletion of my Walls Resource file was the final nail in the coffin. Took me ages to set up various wall styles and now they are all gone. No sign of where it saved a Backup which it should have done, but I can not find it.

I'll have to finish a couple of projects that I started in Vectorworks but other than that I will not be renewing my Subscription. I now have to start todays work all over again and it is 7.15 in the evening. Not happy!

Mike