Floor makeup visible through base of walls

HSP DanS

Question

4 answers to this question

When you say 'not on the Design Layer', what are we looking at in the second screenshot? It looks like Edit Section in Place to me rather than the Design Layer as such...?

I think from the first screenshoot your Wall + Slab are overlapping - occupying the same space - and to get it looking the way you want in section you will need to clip the Slab where the Walls are i.e. draw Polygons where the Walls are then use Clip Surface command + select the Slab components you want to be clipped (e.g. the screed + insulation but not the concrete slab).

Thanks Tom. Yes it is a 'Edit Section in Place' Screenshot. 

It would be frustrating if the slab components need to be cut around the wall, given the wall is constrained to the top of slab level and would have helped that VW would stop the floor components accordingly. 

For example, we are currently developing the design with walls moving back and forward. Therefore it would not be ideal to move a wall and then have to edit the slab as well.... 

There have been discussions elsewhere about having it so that Walls clipped Slabs automatically in the way that they can clip Roofs (+ in the way that Slabs can clip Walls). Not sure if there is wishlist item to vote up...

The other option is to have two separate Slabs: an 'all over' structural one then individual floor finish ones inside the rooms. But you would still need to edit the Slab/s each time you moved the Walls. It would just be a bit easier to keep track of because it wouldn't involve (hidden) modifiers.

29 minutes ago, HSP DanS said:

the wall is constrained to the top of slab level and would have helped that VW would stop the floor components accordingly. 

I dont totally understand what you mean by this

14 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

There have been discussions elsewhere about having it so that Walls clipped Slabs automatically in the way that they can clip Roofs (+ in the way that Slabs can clip Walls). Not sure if there is wishlist item to vote up...

Here's at least one...

Also a tangentially related one from 2013, not wall specific...

• Like 1