Objects look horrible in renderworks

Hello,

I'm working on a project and when I choose to render in shaded all is fine, but when I choose any renderworks style, the image renders, then jumps to an ugly pixelated version at the end of rendering. My truss turns a light blue, and all objects have jagged edges. I have chosen custom options and have everything set to very high and still have issues. Any suggestions? Everything was working fine, until it wasn't....

4 minutes ago, Cliff Ribeiro said:

Hello,

I'm working on a project and when I choose to render in shaded all is fine, but when I choose any renderworks style, the image renders, then jumps to an ugly pixelated version at the end of rendering. My truss turns a light blue, and all objects have jagged edges. I have chosen custom options and have everything set to very high and still have issues. Any suggestions? Everything was working fine, until it wasn't....

Are you sure you waited for it to complete?  What you describe sounds like it was still processing.  It figures out where shadows are and where reflected light will be , then slowly resolves to completed quality starting from the center of the screen and spiraling out.  It can take a while-- sometimes a really long time depending on geometry, textures and settings.  Very high settings make it take even longer. generally i run a test on medium before running final on high settings, and make sure not to turn up settings you do not need.  And if you move the view at all while in a renderworks style it will just start over.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

actually I have the same issue, I`m trying to render the interior views and the quality is a joke. And it is 100% finished. It looks like there are some settings of dpi outside the view settings, and I can`t understand where they are. It looks like DPI problem. All the settings of renderworks in the view settings are switched to high. 

55 minutes ago, Amarin said:

actually I have the same issue, I`m trying to render the interior views and the quality is a joke. And it is 100% finished. It looks like there are some settings of dpi outside the view settings, and I can`t understand where they are. It looks like DPI problem. All the settings of render works in the view settings are switched to high. 

Are you rendering to a viewport on a sheet layer?  By default - sheet layers have an DPI of 72 (low).  Right click on the name of your sheet in the Navigation palette and choose edit - from here, up the resolution of the sheet and see if that helps.  Each sheet is independent, so if you have multiple sheets, you'll have to do this to each one.  And, obviously, the higher the DPI, the more time it will take to render. 

If this isn't the cause of your issue, can you post a file for us to look at?

• Like 4
15 hours ago, EAlexander said:

Are you rendering to a viewport on a sheet layer?  By default - sheet layers have an DPI of 72 (low).  Right click on the name of your sheet in the Navigation palette and choose edit - from here, up the resolution of the sheet and see if that helps.  Each sheet is independent, so if you have multiple sheets, you'll have to do this to each one.  And, obviously, the higher the DPI, the more time it will take to render. 

Thanks a lot, that is exactly what I looked for. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, EAlexander said:

I believe one can select all sheets in the sheet tab of the nav palette, right click and edit the sheet dpi for all at once

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, mjm said:

I believe one can select all sheets in the sheet tab of the nav palette, right click and edit the sheet dpi for all at once

Did not know this. Excellent. 

I usually set up the first sheet and then all other sheets are a duplicate of the first sheet, so this isn't an issue for me, but good to know! 

• Like 1

If your DPI varies from sheet to sheet (like me) you can also edit it in the Organisation palette. There is a DPI column so you can Command-select several at once + set the DPI for those ones only.

• Like 4